About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Hooding Ceremony

On Friday, June 15, 2007 the Portland State University School of Fine and Performing Arts held their first official hooding ceremony. This event featured all the Master's candidates receiving their Master's hood. It was a really nice event - not too long, with plenty showing off of each department. Part of my duties as the Research Assistant was to create the department slide shows - the hardest part? Picking music for the Music Department slide show. In the end we used classical guitar for each department - and they actually worked!

After the ceremony, Mom, Dad and Aunt Karen and I rode the streetcar down to the Restaurant Bleu at the Western Culinary Institute. We had a great meal and it was a wonderful capper to a great day.

Then we came home and fluffed pom-poms until almost midnight!

No comments: