About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Bring on breakfast...

I'm making these in the morning...

French Toast Kabobs from MarthaStewart.com

Ingredients

Serves 4

* 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
* 2/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
* 1 salt
* 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 (one-pound) unsliced dense white bread (such as pullman), crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
* 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
* 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
* 2 bananas, sliced
* Maple syrup, (optional)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla. Stir in bread.

2. In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until browned on all sides. To keep warm, transfer to the oven. Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.

3. Thread bread cubes onto skewers alternating with blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup, if desired.

Image from Hostess with the Mostess Blog

No comments: