About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Thursday, December 7, 2006

Last day of writing

I'm very close to closure for the quarter. I cannot believe how long semesters are. I'm a quarter girl, all the way!! I think I only survived my undergrad in the semester system because I didn't know any better.

I love that I can "get things done" while I'm writing...like cleaning the oven and doing laundry. It makes me feel so productive when clearly I'm not doing that much more than sitting and writing.

This time tomorrow I will be on my way to the Hinds Holiday Ladies Luncheon at The Stratford House. I will be wearing some sort of fancy hat, as you have to wear a fancy hat when you go to tea with other ladies. DUH. Hinds is the parent company for my mom's office, Columbia Weather Systems and she's been hosting the Ladies Luncheon and Ornament Exchange for one jillion years. They've been so kind to include me - I've done work for CWS over the years (and under the table). They are really nice ladies and I'm so excited to see all the great hats!

And if you're wondering what gets me through these finals...it's this:

No comments: