About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Executive Decision...

All those interested in the NW Book Club...listen up!

We will be reading Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. There are copies at libraries and at Powell's Books and just about every other bookseller...

And one of the major rules of this book club will be that you must have read the book by the time the club meets. There will be none of this "Well, I'm halfway through..." business.

We will be meeting some time during the fourth week of March. Location and the exact meeting date and time are yet to be determined - although I'm thinking this will be a great opportunity to see the inside of this home in Hillsboro...

Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to get my copy tonight! This is why I love book clubs! Because I am forced to buy books for myself! YEAH!! And we can totally gather atthe Hillsboro Home.

Sarah Starr Alleman Smith said...

Hurray for book clubs! I started a book club a few months ago. We just met last night and it was SO GREAT. I always seem to come home from book club with a renewed energy.
Knowing that you are starting a book club puts a huge grin on my face.
YES to happy reading.

Next up for us: The Grass is Singing by Dorris Lessing.

MKB said...

Well I am jealous! I wish I lived close by so I could join the club...

Malia said...

I have officially put the book on hold at the local public library. I still make no promises of having the book read by the book club meeting date, but I have current marginal delusions of grandeur.