About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Friday, November 16, 2007

How about a practical gift?

Practical gifts are sometimes pretty great - and when the practicality can be matched with creativity - that's just a great day. Many moons ago there was a store at the mall here called Liquid Sunshine - selling only specialty umbrellas. Seriously, it was years ago - and it has long since left the mall to go and live on a farm with other stores...

They carried this umbrella, designed by Tibor Kalmar which is still sold at the Museum of Modern Art. I have thought about this umbrella since I first saw it forever ago - and that it would be the ideal umbrella. At least that's what I think.

No comments: