About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Getting festive!

Yesterday my Dad and I (most work done by my Dad) put the lights up on the house. No we weren't out the day after Thanksgiving like so many folks in our neighborhood. But we did get some pretty lights up and here is the process of an outdoor illumination expert, our personal MacGyver.
Testing and sorting...you have to check each bulb!
Up on the roof - it's much more steep than it looks.
Making the best use of that Little Giant ladder system - at this point I took the picture and the flash made Dad think he had shocked himself...whoops
Round One: Icicle lights. Round Two: multi-color lights
Near the end - a costume change and 60 feet of lights later...it's cold and starting to sleet. Good thing we're almost done!
Dad plugs it all in to see if his plan worked - and it did! Pictures of outdoor lights with a basic digital camera are much more difficult than you'd think.

3 comments:

Trixie L'Amour said...

Pictures may be difficult, but the lights shore do look pretty in person! Good jerb guys!

Unknown said...

Auhhh I love my brother. At his age, still climbing up the ladder and crawling on the roof.
WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU THINKING????

MKB said...

Now if you can just come and do ours that would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if you could bring Mark to help that would be fan-tab-u-lous!