About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

With a name like Roscoe, you'd better be good at something.

Tonight while sitting with my mother (as she recuperates) we were watching the evening news - specifically the sports coverage. The local guy, Ron Pivo, is kind of a jackass. He's much more snarky than I think the sports coverage in Portland needs. We only have a professional basketball team and a few interesting college sports teams. Many of his comments were just slams - even when the player or team was doing things right...including the quote that is the title of this post.

Roscoe Parrish is a player for the Buffalo Bills - and today he had a great play...but Ron Pivo's "With a name like Roscoe, you'd better be good at SOMEthing..." just blew me away. It made me laugh - and then feel bad for all the Roscoe's out there that may not be good at something. Also...Ron Pivo just might be a douche.

No comments: