About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Piece of cake?

Maybe I'm mixing my metaphors here, but I made my first homemade pumpkin pie on Wednesday. And can I just say how easy it was? I'm not sure why folks freak out about pies - but the crust recipe from my grandma is so easy and SO good. I will say that I was very intimidated and nervous about it - but it was flaky and the right thickness - and I'll say it - really good. I did a good job. I, too, was surprised at how good it turned out.

In other news - my mom's surgery went great. She came home Wednesday afternoon and has been resting. Sadly, this morning she had a small stroke. At this point we do feel that while yes, it's crappy timing, they aren't related. A blood clot would have caused some very different symptoms. But she is resting now and doing much better - even after her stroke this morning.

Thanksgiving was different this year. Sitting around my parent’s bed eating dinner is informal to say the least. The food turned out well - and we are all very grateful. So there you go.

No comments: