About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Cute vs. Practical

Browsing along the interwebs I came across this cute tutorial:
Elsie over at A Beautiful Mess shows us how to super-cutify old suitcases.  And I'm way on board with that.  Except that what exactly are people doing with a super cute suitcase?  She suggests using them to store clothes in the off season, which kind of reminds me of getting a tattoo on the back of their thigh.  Why go to the trouble if you're never really going to see it?

Here's my final verdict: hooray for an adorable project and delightful up-cycle.  But to what end? Perhaps I'm just apathetic in the summer heat.  Go make something.  Or don't.  But if you do - make it cute!

1 comment:

Trixie L'Amour said...

I think I won't make anything...cute or otherwise...if you can't get "Cute" on Amazon.com (Prime!!!!) forget it....