About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Friday, April 6, 2007

Wheat Grass...


I read on DesignMom that growing wheat grass would be a great way to bring Spring into the house. So I set about to find wheat grass seed. Which, by the way, was very difficult to find. After several frustrated trips, we figured out that wheat berries are the SAME THING! I felt like a dope. But we got a big ol' bag of berries and planted them - hoping that it would work. And did it ever! Mom even used the grass I'd planted in a fluted milk glass bowl as her centerpiece for her Relief Society lesson. Why is growing things so AWESOME?

We've planted some more and will be giving them as Easter gifts to local friends. I'm sorry if you live more than 5 miles from our house...if you lived closer - I would bring you some springy wheat grass and wish you a very Happy Easter.

For the record: wheat grass tastes like regular grass.

No comments: