About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A week gone by...

So hard to believe that a week has gone by - and I've logged just about 1000 miles in the car since Friday. For anyone interested, I did get my research work done and turned in and then I packed my bags and left for a Spring Break road trip. I've spent a few days with my aunt and uncle in Boise - having a perfect picnic lunch at the auction and lots of visiting with all the fam there.

Then on Sunday afternoon I blazed my way across Idaho to my Grandma and Grandpa's house in Idaho Falls - again more really good food and visiting. I also got to go to "Club" with my Grandma. This is a group of ladies that have been friends and officially meeting once a month for over fifty years. Yes, 5-0 years. And it was a really big deal to be invited to Club. There will be a separate Club posting. I also got to go to the Idaho Falls Temple with my Grandma at her usual time: Tuesdays at 8:00 a.m. It was a really nice session - and even better to be there with my Grandma and all of her temple-going friends.

Yesterday I drove from Idaho Falls to Perry, Utah to deliver a package from one of our missionaries to his family there. The sad thing is: I don't think it was a very exciting package for his family to receive but it was packed in a Coors Light box...so that's good! It was cool to see where Elder Wyatt came from and meet his mom.

Then from Perry down to Layton, where I'll spend a few days visiting with the Malleys and having a dinner with the Binghams. I do wish I was able to stay longer - but I'm headed back to Boise on Friday for the Crockpot's 50th Birthday!! Then back to Portland for a day of rest and then the Spring Term begins. Yee-Haw.

1 comment:

petie said...

YEAH! Can't wait to see you tonight!