About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Death Salad...

So - okay fine. I almost killed a missionary last night. Mom had forgotten to tell the rest of the family (okay fine - me) that she'd signed up to serve dinner to the missionaries. We were on their calendar and they called mid-day to confirm. Good thing I had some delicious croissant sandwiches and salad and fruit left over - right?! At the shower I'd let the ladies know that the chicken salad had nuts in it. I forgot to mention that to the Elders before they started eating...and only a few bites in Elder Victim had to ask if their were nuts. People only ask if there are nuts in something if they are ALLERGIC to nuts...am I right?!

Good thing for me his allergy isn't TOO severe - just throat closing!! But regular old Benedryl did the job of antidote - and he ended up having Dino Bites and BBQ sauce for dinner. I feel so bad - because, man...I wasn't trying to kill him.

But believe me - if I was TRYING to kill you...you'd know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! That's awful. I hope you realize it's not your fault though. People who have allergies like that really need to tell their hosts ahead of time. They can't expect you to read their minds.

And I'm writing because you have Reaper listed on your page, and you can help us save the show, if you'd like to join in. There's not much time left, and Reaper needs all the help it can get. There are only a few short weeks until May upfronts. Tell the CW you want the show to continue! Snail and email addresses, petitions, etc., are organized here: http://community.livejournal.com/reaperdmv/37449.html