About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Beaverton Farmer's Market 2009

A tradition continued this weekend with the season opening of the Beaverton Farmer's Market . You may remember that for the last few years, Dad and I have gone on the opening day to get flowers for Mom for Mother's Day. This year had a few added bonuses including a perfect blue sky and temperature and my brother working at the Market in the Bungalow Bread Co. booth!

Of course, Dad and I get there about 45 minutes before the opening bell. This allows for rock star parking (which is challenging for this event) and to wander the booths to get a head start on flower selection. We love the ladies at Ferrier Creek Nursery and the gents over at Ross' Nursery. The flowers are beautiful and a great price. Dad and I also love being able to just wander and see everyone getting ready and setting up.

Have you been to the Bungalow Bread Co. ? If not, you need to fix that...
They pretty much had to bake for two stores - the main store and the Farmer's Market booth. Well over 50 loaves...no fishes.
After the bell rang, we handed the checks over and we got our flowers loaded in the car. It was now 8:06 a.m. so Dad and I stopped for a breakfast crepe. And yes, I had a crepe with Nutella and bananas and whipped cream and cinnamon. Yay breakfast! Also - Zest Crepes is BRAND NEW! And they are good. Do stop if you're at the Market another day this season...
Dad had a savory crepe with ham and Gruyere, so he needed a maple bar chaser. Pretty standard, really.
I'm sure in love with this picture because it's so "my Dad." Suit, tie, maple bar, perfect 'stache.
While they were setting up, my brother was loading and hauling and stuff...so now we get to see him in action...
Their booth was pretty much this busy all day.
Geoff tells the customers all about the delicious breads and cookies...
But really - don't you think you need to go to the Farmer's Market ? It's so fun. The cool booths, the live music, tasty foods and delicious smells. And then you can go home and take a nap! Be sure to stop by and try some samples and get a loaf or two. May I recommend the Cinnamon Chip and the Cheddar Garlic breads? Perfect for french toast and grilled cheese sandwiches, respectively.

1 comment:

Granelda Thudpucker said...

If you weren't such a good saleperson......