About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Friday, June 13, 2008

2008 Cheese Races...

Oh dear friends...it was spectacular. I loved it. Amazing. And I have proof and will have more proof once I get more pictures from my friends...

The McDermott ladies - ready to rock the cheese races!

The crowd gathered in the Cheese Arena

Many cheese racing hopefuls - but there can be only one winner.

During one of the second round "casts" Jane B.'s cheese had an unfortunate landing...a half-on-dangler. Sad.

So much cheese! Oh, and the tournament brackets! I do hope you'll join us next time. When that will be, I have no idea. But seriously - you should come...because it is SO fun.

We really lucked out because my father, McGyver had all the tools and equipment needed to make our Cheese Races successful: an above ground fire pit; a nice big grill; a charcoal chimney to prepare the briquettes; gloves; tongs; a bucket for collecting the raced cheeses. Amazing. We truly couldn't have done it without the Cheese Master. Thank you, Dad.

3 comments:

Granelda Thudpucker said...

Awesome!!

Unknown said...

I am SO hurt that we missed the cheese races! Now, I know we were in a crowded SUV somewhere in the Idaho wilderness...maybe next time.

Anonymous said...

The thing that terrifies me is NOT that you were playing with fire (OK coals), NOT that you were wasting valuable cheese, Oh No.. that isn't the worst...

It is that you were all Stone Cold SOBER.

Auntie Karen