About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Are you watching Grand Slam?


Grand Slam is SO AWESOME! The newest show on the Game Show Network is fast paced and, well, I am in love. Of course, this is another transplant from the UK. Why can't Americans think of such great TV? Anyway, back to the things I love about this show...The contestants stand face to face - and the commentary is provided by Dennis Miller and Amanda Byram. Miller is very funny but a little too hip for the room, but he does make me laugh. Byram - from such classy shows as "The Swan" and "Paradise Hotel" brings her cool Irish accent.

From the Game Show Network website:
"Sixteen of the greatest champions in game show history are set to square-off in this winner-take-all elimination tournament. Only one competitor will be crowned 'The best of the best' and walk away with the $100,000 Grand Prize.

From JEOPARDY's "Tournament of Champions" to MILLIONAIRE's elite, the most accomplished game players from the past two decades take center stage on GRAND SLAM. This special eight-episode series event unfolds in 1-hour installments where 'fast and intense' is the name of the game.

Reputations will be shattered as the battle begins. GRAND SLAM features 'one on one' matches where players face tough trivia questions on many topics including: math, logic, vocabulary, pop-culture and geography."

So, set your TiVo - they've only aired four of the first round matches, so there is still plenty of time to fill out your brackets and join a pool. Or go swim in a pool. You do what you want.

No comments: