About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Have you noticed?


This morning as I'm getting ready for the day and cleaning the house - I've been watching a new "Great Performances." This is the 250th celebration of Mozart. The music is so lovely and relaxing - but seriously - why do opera singers look so retarded* when they sing?! Trying to emote so much and still hit all the right notes - and then if they have mouths that move oddly...wow. They are painful to watch, that's all I'm saying here. Plus - who chooses what they wear when they are just singing in a concert?

And so are the members of the orchestra. They are bobbing and weaving, squirming and leaning like a two year old in church. They play so beautifully but all I can keep thinking is "SIT STILL!!!"

*approved Michael Scott usage

No comments: