About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Where's my paddle?

Friends, I'm exhausted. The past 48 have worn me out. Wednesday evening my mom came home with a severe dizzy episode. She's had these before, and if she sleeps for 12-18 hours, she's usually back on her feet the next day. Thursday morning she came in to my room before she was going to leave for work. She wanted me to look at her face, as the left side was puffy and kind of droopy. My mother had had a mild stroke at some point between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.



At first she really fought me wanting to take her to the doctor, but I can be very...persuasive...and we went, and then were sent to the emergency room and then she was admitted to the hospital. Much transpired between then and now, and details are available upon request. But she is now home, has eaten a full dinner and is resting on the couch. She is still pretty slow and wobbly on her feet but can walk on her own. Her face has no signs of paralysis.. No slurred speech. Given the opportunity I think all us Taylors would sleep for 3 days straight.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Let us know how she's doing. I'm glad you made her go to the doctor's. . . Take it easy during the holidays!