About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Things people say....

It's come to my attention that I was raised in a home where there was a funky saying for every situation.  Random things like:

"Put some money in the kitty"

or

"Close enough only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades"
 
or

"That smell would knock a buzzard off a puke wagon"


And my mother still insists that "More trouble than a married lady" is a thing people have ever said...ever.  I still disagree. 

But this list has just cracked me up.  I mean - did people EVER really talk like this?  For reals?  Beatniks did, apparently. Get a job, ya hippy!

Image from here

No comments: