About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Silver Lining

Yesterday was the funeral for my paternal grandfather, Logan. Those of you following along will remember that his wife, Carmen passed away just two months ago. Now they are together again.

With the last funeral, I was unable to attend. My parents came down to California and was able to celebrate Grandma's life. With this latest death my folks were unable to attend and so I flew down to be with my aunts and help in any way I could to get the funeral ready.

This was my first time attending and participating in an Episcopal service. My uncle Nathan is an amazing concert organist and so he played the voluntary and recessional - which was a very moving experience. The whole service is scripted and the audience can read along and has parts, too. The Reverend Zelda did a really lovely job and is a very classy lady.

The best part of the bad situation was that I got to be with members of my family that I don't get to see very often.

No comments: