About Me

My photo
I'm a Great Northwesterner that is now loving life in the Midwest. I am a world class napper. I'm very bossy. I clearly love a good glass of Scotch. I wear aprons every chance I get.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Posting...

Just when you think you've got a handle on current posting...the time slips away and it's been a week and a half since I was lounging at the Malleys. Life on campus has gotten pretty slow with Thanksgiving on the doorstep. I sure do love Thanksgiving. This year will be pretty quiet as Geoff has to work, and our only guest is my friend Eric. A great deal of lounging will be done, along with catching up on TV, craft projects, and writing the final paper for my special writing intensive class.

This past weekend I drove up to Chehalis, Washington to meet my friend and old roomate Kathy for lunch. Chehalis is the midway point between us, as she lives just south of Seattle. Chehalis is also where our family lived for the first 11 years of my life. The town is the setting for a lot of my dreams, even 15 years after we moved away. The lunch was great - I haven't seen Kathy in several years, so it was wonderful to get caught up. Also, the market across the street had produce at amazing prices. I got some of the biggest potatoes I've ever seen for 35 cents each!! On Sunday we peeled two of them and had enough mashed potatoes for all of us.

But the best find at this special little market was finding CHERRY CHIP CAKE mix!!! You can't find it anywhere on the west coast...cuz I've looked. I was so deligthed I bought 4 boxes. I'm probably going to drive up next weekend to see if they have anymore. When we're told to have a years supply - I'm sure they mean cake.

No comments: